After School Enrichment!
The Odyssey School of Denver has partnered with After School Adventures for enrichment opportunities and after school programs. Information and registration is available on the After School Adventures website: www.afterschooladventures.co/.
2017 Summer Opportunities!
- Holistic Day Camp – Conscious Campers: Conscious campers experience the beautiful outdoors and an awareness of nature. Each day campers will participate in a mix of hiking, exploring nature in and out of water, participating in subtle stretches through kid’s yoga, experimenting with and making healthy foods at snack time, arts and crafts, playing games, practicing teamwork and team-building skills, wading in Cherry Creek, and so much more as they explore all this holistic camp has to offer. Healthy Living Bonus: The day after camp ends, Saturday, July 29, we will have an optional Boulder Farmer’s Market (13th St. between Canyon and Arapahoe) tour starting at 9:00. The tour will include Q&A, Nutritional Coaching and walk-through with a “how-to” on what to ask farmers, tips & tricks, and a take home recipe using farmer’s market goodies. There is live music, samples, food trucks and more. Best of all, it’s included in the cost of camp! Ages: Incoming 3rd – 5th graders
Dates & Times: Monday, July 24 through Friday, July 28, 2017 8:30am-2:30pm
Extended Hours: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Directed By Roxanne Warner- Elementary-school teacher, Yoga instructor & Holistic Health Coach & Jade Green, Herbalist, Holistic Health Coach, & Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor at The Barefoot Health Coach Ltd. (314) 550-1674 – Roxanne; (303) 882-1745 – Jade
Hosted at Cherry Creek State Park, 4201 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80014 (303) 690-1166. Email for handbook and questions:
- Minds On, Hands On is a GO! Due to Odyssey being closed this summer for construction, I will be having my program at Westerly Creek Elementary School. The purpose of my program is to support all students with 45-minute blocks of reading, writing and math. Location: Westerly Creek, 8800 East 28th Ave. Start Date: Monday, June 12th. End Date: Friday, July 21st Time: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Ages: 5-12 years old Cost: $100.00 per week. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me personally, call or e-mail me. Registration packets will be available upon request, beginning on April 4th. Tammy Wiley, Director of Childcare, email@example.com, 720-404-2643
- Summer camps are here! We are offering several exciting STEAM collaborations with partner organizations for grades K-8th. Camps are offered in Aurora, Golden and Lowry. June 19-23, June 26-20, July 17-21 and July 24-28. For more information and to register, please visit the Box Office page of www.executiveartsonline.com
- Steve & Kate’s Camp is now in Denver! Every aspect of our camp is designed to put kids in charge of their own learning experience. That way, kids develop the confidence to try, fail, and learn on their own. And only they know what comes next. Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp. At S&K, campers choose to participate in the activities they find most engaging. We offer stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, robotics, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more. We’ve got one of the most flexible payment options of any camp: buy Day Passes online and use them whenever you want. You don’t even need to tell us that you’re coming—just show up! If you have any leftover Day Passes, we’ll provide a full, automatic refund at the end of the summer. BOOM – SUMMER SOLVED! Questions? Contact Chas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-439-7785. Want to learn more about S&K? Join us for our upcoming Info Night on April 26th!
- Summer Tutoring Programs – lots of opportunities for academic tutoring this summer with Results Learning including programs for students with dyslexia.
- Summer Camps – EUREKUS – STEAM & MAKER SUMMER CAMPS / DENVER 2017-Explore, invent & create with visiting artists and NASA consultants, Monica & Tyler Aiello; JUNE 5 – 9: Polaris at Ebert – Master Makers-Explore soldering, circuits, motor and more during this exciting engineering camp.; JULY 10 – 14: Swigert International – Space Makers NASA Week
Have a blast during a fun-filled week of our NASA art and engineering programs; JULY 17 – 21: Steele Elementary – Space Makers NASA Week. Make art, design a mission & explore the cosmos in dynamic ways with NASA artists; JULY 31 – Aug 4: Teller Elementary – Engineer, Invent Explore. Hone your 3D skills with woodworking, electronic inventions, bot building and more. Details & Registration: http://www.eurekus.org/summer-camps-2017/
Contact: email@example.com / www.eurekus.org
- Youth Biz June 26-30 from 2-4pm at Pauline Robinson Library. Students will develop a business plan, compose a power team, create a prototype and pitch their idea to a panel of judges to win $100. To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DevCamp July 24-29 from 1-4pm at Pauline Robinson Library. Students will learn the basics of front end web development, work with web developers and hear from guest speakers. To sign up click HERE.
- You’re invited! Youth One Book, One Denver (YOBOD) is a city-wide summer reading adventure for kids and their families. The 2017 YOBOD selection is “Upside-Down Magic” by hit authors Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle and Emily Jenkins. The story chronicles the misadventures of nine-year-old Nory and her oddball friends, who prove that upside-down magic definitely beats right side up. Visit ArtsandVenuesDenver.com/
YOBOD learn about upcoming YOBOD events, print out an activity booklet and receive weekly customized reading suggestions via email. The authors will be visiting Denver to attend YOBOD events in late July. Pick up a copy of “Upside-Down Magic” at your local bookstore or library and join in the fun!