After School Enrichment!
The Odyssey School of Denver has partnered with After School Adventures for enrichment opportunities and after school programs. Information and registration is available on the After School Adventures website: www.afterschooladventures.co/.
2019 Summer Opportunities!
- Minds On, Hands On 3 wk. program from June 3rd-June 21st from 9am – 4pm. Early drop off/Late pick up available 8-9am/4-5pm. Dedicated to supporting students with 3 – 45 minute blocks of math, reading and language. Recreation – outdoor play, arts and crafts, cooking, science experiments, and free play. $150.00 per week. Contact Tammy at email@example.com if interested.
- Bristle and Clay is a hands on art camp for kids ages 6-12, hosted by Becky Bechthold and her fellow art educator, Brandon Sexton. The intent of this camp is to explore contemporary art concepts and lead students to create projects that develop strategies for building and tinkering with materials and techniques. The first week will be creation of a variety of clay objects followed by a second week of varied sculpture techniques and found object building. This camp will run from 8:30am until 4pm at Odyssey in our Art Studio the weeks of: June 17-21, and June 24-28. Please reach out to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and she will contact you with further details.
- Conscious Summer Explorers Day Camp 2019 – Two Weeks Only! Campers will explore their inner and outer worlds, self-awareness, compassion, reflection, and appreciation for nature. They will journey through practices like breath-work, mindfulness, arts, journaling, crafting, nature and plant identification, games, and other creative avenues, giving the ability to be in touch with their inherent spirit in any way that moves them. Campers do not want to miss this! We will have healthy snack crafts, yoga and mindfulness, active games, creek play & critter catching, mini hikes with nature identification.. get your kids moving out in nature while they learn about the natural world around them! Who: Incoming 1st-5th graders (older campers can apply to be junior staffers at a discounted rate) Dates: Week One: June 24-28 Week Two: July 15-19 Location: Cherry Creek State Park. Cost: $395/week (sign up before March 1st and save $70 with Early Bird Discount – $325 total!) with extended-care option from 2:30-5:00 Please email Roxanne at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Avid4Adventure Summer Camps – Did you know that if your family’s household income is less than $100,000, you are eligible to apply for financial assistance to attend Avid4 Adventure day camps and overnight camps? You can apply online HERE. The deadline for Overnight Camp applications is March 15th, 2019 – with award notification by April 7, 2019. The deadline for Day Camp applications is April 15th, 2019 – with award notification by May 7, 2019. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience authentic outdoor adventures this summer!
- Women’s Wilderness provides summer programs ranging from adventure day camps to week-long backpacking trips for girls ages 8-18. Our mission is to cultivate courage, confidence, connection, and environmental stewardship among girls, women and the LGBTQ2+ community through wilderness adventures. We offer financial aid for all girls’ courses, and have never turned away a girl in need of financial support. Courses are open for registration now! You can find all the details & sign up here: https://www.womenswilderness.org/programs/girls/
- Creative Academy at Cleo Parker Robinson this summer! HipHop/Stream for ages 8-13 on June 10-14. Early childhood music and dance for ages 3-8 on June 17-21. For more info and to sign up click HERE.