After School Enrichment!
The Odyssey School of Denver has partnered with After School Adventures for enrichment opportunities and after school programs. Information and registration is available on the After School Adventures website: www.afterschooladventures.co/.
2019 Summer Opportunities!
- Minds On, Hands On 3 wk. program from June 3rd-June 21st from 9am – 4pm. Early drop off/Late pick up available 8-9am/4-5pm. Dedicated to supporting students with 3 – 45 minute blocks of math, reading and language. Recreation – outdoor play, arts and crafts, cooking, science experiments, and free play. $150.00 per week. Contact Tammy at email@example.com if interested.
- Get your hands dirty at Odyssey Garden Camp with Alisha and Roxanne. These two teachers have a passion for planting, growing, and eating good food! Come play in the dirt with us, create Odyssey’s next garden, design & build scale models of eco-friendly landscapes, cook delicious, fresh food, and learn all about ecosystems. July 29-Aug 2; 8:00-3:00; 350$ for the week. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and Alisha.email@example.com to reserve your spot today!
- Woodworking Class – Sunday, June 9th 10:00AM-4:00 PM (Bring a lunch) or Sunday June 16th 10:00AM-4:00 PM (Bring a lunch). Learn to design, measure, drill, cut and finish a project from start to finish in our Teen & Tween Woodworking class, taught by Alisha Black-Mallon of Natural Genius. Students will learn to use a variety of woodworking tools, including the miter saw and band saw to build custom designed floating box shelves for their bedroom or study space. Students should bring three treasured items they hope to display on their shelving unit to learn how to design for their own style and use. This course includes a safety class and building materials. Reserve your spot: Email Alisha at Alisha@Naturalgenius.org OR sign up on the website at denvertoollibrary.org
- Bristle and Clay is a hands on art camp for kids ages 6-12, hosted by Becky Bechthold and her fellow art educator, Brandon Sexton. The intent of this camp is to explore contemporary art concepts and lead students to create projects that develop strategies for building and tinkering with materials and techniques. The first week will be creation of a variety of clay objects followed by a second week of varied sculpture techniques and found object building. This camp will run from 8:30am until 4pm at Odyssey in our Art Studio the weeks of: June 17-21, and June 24-28. Please reach out to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and she will contact you with further details.
- Conscious Summer Explorers Day Camp 2019 – Two Weeks Only! Campers will explore their inner and outer worlds, self-awareness, compassion, reflection, and appreciation for nature. They will journey through practices like breath-work, mindfulness, arts, journaling, crafting, nature and plant identification, games, and other creative avenues, giving the ability to be in touch with their inherent spirit in any way that moves them. Campers do not want to miss this! We will have healthy snack crafts, yoga and mindfulness, active games, creek play & critter catching, mini hikes with nature identification.. get your kids moving out in nature while they learn about the natural world around them! Who: Incoming 1st-5th graders (older campers can apply to be junior staffers at a discounted rate) Dates: Week One: June 24-28 Week Two: July 15-19 Location: Cherry Creek State Park. Cost: $395/week (sign up before March 1st and save $70 with Early Bird Discount – $325 total!) with extended-care option from 2:30-5:00 Please email Roxanne at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Avid4Adventure Summer Camps – Did you know that if your family’s household income is less than $100,000, you are eligible to apply for financial assistance to attend Avid4 Adventure day camps and overnight camps? You can apply online HERE. The deadline for Overnight Camp applications is March 15th, 2019 – with award notification by April 7, 2019. The deadline for Day Camp applications is April 15th, 2019 – with award notification by May 7, 2019. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience authentic outdoor adventures this summer!
- Women’s Wilderness provides summer programs ranging from adventure day camps to week-long backpacking trips for girls ages 8-18. Our mission is to cultivate courage, confidence, connection, and environmental stewardship among girls, women and the LGBTQ2+ community through wilderness adventures. We offer financial aid for all girls’ courses, and have never turned away a girl in need of financial support. Courses are open for registration now! You can find all the details & sign up here: https://www.womenswilderness.org/programs/girls/
- Creative Academy at Cleo Parker Robinson this summer! HipHop/Stream for ages 8-13 on June 10-14. Early childhood music and dance for ages 3-8 on June 17-21. For more info and to sign up click HERE.
- Maker Camps at Craftsman & Apprentice! Summer Camps run 9-3pm with optional aftercare until 5:30pm. Week long camps in June, July and August. Use code MAKERCAMP for $30 off! Click HERE for more info.
- Girls Lacrosse & Field Hockey – Electras Lacrosse, Aurora Field Hockey Club & Northfield High are joining together to provide youth girls, entering grades 3rd-7th, with the first ever. Lacrosse & Field Hockey Camp in Stapleton 2019 Summer Camp June 10th-12th, Mon-Wed, 1:00-4:00pm Northfield High School Cost: $150. Please visit us at www.electraslacrosse.com to register.
- Summer Tutoring w/Alisha! Are you wondering how to keep the love of reading and writing alive this summer? Looking for a way to close gaps in reading or just want a little bit more support with literacy over the summer? Alisha is offering small group or one on one tutoring for readers and writers of all ages and stages of their learning journeys. Ask Alisha for more info or check her website: naturalgenius.org to inquire.
- A.B.A.L.A.N.C.E. MINDFULNESS CAMP FOR KIDS3 WEEK CAMP JUNE 10TH – 28TH Mon-Fri 8:00 – 3:00 PM The Camp is led by Reggie Gwinn, a mindfulness and theatre teacher at St. Elizabeth K-8 and a PhD candidate at the University of Denver. In this 3-week session kids learn what matters daily to their health and well-being. Through fun-filled activities, yoga, meditation, outdoor games, exercise, field-trips, and visits to the Carla Madison rec center for swimming. CONTACT US email@example.com or 619-838-1053 for more info.